2 Day Detail Oil Painting Workshop
You are invited to attend a TWO DAY detailed oil painting workshop conducted by Robert Garden! We ask you to bring one or two of your paintings that need additional work to make them frame worthy! You will also create a completely new and amazing oil seascape, “Peaceful Padre” on a larger 16 X 20 canvas.
What You’ll Learn:
- Watch a delightful 30 minute oil painting demonstration while taking notes and pictures with Q & A session following.
- Discover color character, value, hue and chroma and how it relates to achieving space on an aerial perspective arranged palette.
- Explore color mixing to achieve any color you can imagine.
- Understand the 5 basic values of color in an object with multiple examples of each and the use of the 3 dimensional color wheel.
- Learn to choose the right colors for ultimate prismatic and analogous properties.
- Achieve perspective with color.
Date: Friday, June 22 and June 23, 2018
Time: 9 AM to 4 PM on Friday, 9 AM to 3 PM on Saturday
(lunch from 12-1, grab a bite with us at one of our nearby favorite restaurants)
Location: Wylie Art Gallery
201 N. Ballard Ave
Wylie, TX 75098, Phone 214-613-7030
Includes two days of art instruction, 16 X 20 canvas AND all your oil painting supplies canvas for both days including an easel. Bring a roll of paper towels and wear old clothes.
Registration: Fee must be paid in advance, class is limited, enroll today!
Register for Two Day Oil Painting Seminar by calling Robert at: 469-371-5063 or Susan at: 214-755-2681 and paying with a credit card or by mailing a check to: Robert Garden, 2821 Alan-a-dale, Irving, TX 75061
What You’ll Paint:
- Spend the first half day enhancing, detailing and improving up to 2 paintings you have previously created with oils either on your own or in a workshop.
- Robert will critique and analyze your works and provide detailed coaching necessary to improve and enhance your paintings bringing your artwork to the next level.
- Create a new, sophisticated oil lesson “Padre Paradise” during the next 1 & 1/2 days, exploring composition, sketching, under-painting to create tonal and spatial relevance, color choices and mixing, meaning of brush strokes, application of strokes and so much more.
What You Will Love:
- Step-by-step guidance and individual attention from a Master Artist with over 50 years of teaching experience
- Interaction with a world class instructors and fellow students to gain answers and inspire your artistic vision
- Detailed handouts; lesson plan and diagram key to Robert Garden’s unique brush strokes
- Developing your confidence on canvas through knowledge and pride in your sense of artistic achievement completing a 16 X 20 oil seascape